Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Now working in Valhalla

The move is complete now. After 6 months of speculation I now work in Valhalla.

Yes I have been moved from my comfy corner office with the three widows to a cubicle with a view of someone elses window. This is all terribly depressing. It was then I realized that I am now surrounded by women. Yes it seems the department next store is all women. At last count on my floor here it was Men: 3, Women: 44. Normally this would be great but upon further review I am the youngest male by about 35 years and only have 2 women who are younger than me within paper airplane range. Who am I supposed to chat about last night's nip/tuck episode with? I tried the sports convo with the guys only to be greeted by blank stares which lead into the gent's talking about their kids soccer game.

OOF!

What happened? I was happy in my little corner in the back at the end of the hallway. Now I am thrust out into a semi-private area where I'm supposed to keep track of delinquent employees with their flaming mother walking through my new "space". Fuck this. At least I have Godzilla still on my desk. But I have to walk down 4 flights of stairs to refill my water bottle.

It could be worse, it could be raining.

No comments: