Thursday, September 23, 2004

The beauty of online people...

I've met some quality people thanks to Xbox Live and now gamertag.com but something happened courtesy of my involvement at ratebeer.com that made me jump for joy.

I organized a beer tasting in July on the site there and had a ton of people show up for it. Hosted lovingly at the General Layfayette Inn near Philadelphia people brought beers form the world over to share with one another. Nothing but strangers who fast became friends over a great beer or 30. A great success and one I hope to duplicate at least twice a year from now on.

But what happened to me on 9/20/04 was astounding. I received in the mail that day 2 bottles of beer from Belgium from a RB user who couldn't make it to the tasting yet wanted to share some of the greatest brew ever made with me, Westy 8 and Westy 12. She sent me the bottles as a complete surprise and for that she deserves a big public THANK YOU Probiere!

The bottles are lovely. I can't wait to try what are 2 of the highest rated beers in the world.

1 comment:

CatSpit said...

Hey hey hey now! 2 eh? That's T-W-O.

One for you and.....