Monday, October 25, 2004

Flat Tire & the funky looking Carrot

Well I was running smooth down the bike path on Sunday when suddenly a tree root decided to jump in the path of me. Pop! went the tire and my glee ridden ride abruptly came to an end. See I ride aggresive. I don't ride a 24" 75 F'ing gear Mountain bike. Screw that. Where's the workout I ask you!
(I ride a bike sane people my age have long given up on, a Haro Tr 2.2. Go ahead and google it I'll wait.... oh yeah I have it in "clay" or whatever they call the tan color. It's bad ass.)

Anyway by now your saying why don't you grow up and act your age and quit flying through the air on a bike. You have a good arguement as does my girlfriend on the subject. But my thinking is that while you can do something you should do it. Far too many people my age are getting lazy. They come home from work and plop down in front of their TV with a Hungry Man Dinner and no drive to be active other than to push a button on the remote. LAZY!

Thats not my bag, not now nor ever will be. Far too many Americans these days are becoming diabetic not because of genes or the natural onset of the disease. No they're acquiring this by their lifestyles and diets. Wake up America. You can avoid this. Eat some real foods. Buy a Wok and some peanut oil and go to town on a nightly basis. It's easy. Why are Americans so frigging dependent.

Anyway there I was in the middle of the woods with a flat and no spare tube. I took Mitzy (yeah that's my bikes name, sure beats Cucumber Bob which I wanted to call her but couldn't bring myself to do) and hightailed it for the closest boulder I could find to have a snack. Out I pulled my trusty carrots full of vitamins and tasty goodness that everyone should eat them every day. This one carrot was bent. Almost at a 70 degree angle. I said outloud "Thats a funky looking carrot!" and proceeded to gobble it down. I picked up Mitzy and started walking back up the trail. Passing along the way 2 people both weighing over 200 pounds easily walking along with their 24" Mountain Bikes while catching a cigarette. Welcome to the New American Workout.

1 comment:

CatSpit said...

Thank you for inspiring me to go spinning tonight and not to break out the smokes and chill at home with my new found electronic joy!