Monday, December 06, 2004

Discipline, Distraction, and a New Direction.

The weight has fluctuated wildly over the past 2 months. The end of September I sat at 180 nicely. Feeling good I worked out as if I had vinegar coursing through my veins. It was great.

Now I don't. Maybe it is school, maybe it's Halo 2, maybe it was because of my recent "I just don't give a fuck" attitude that put me there. But this shit has to change. I recently read an entry over at catspit.net on spinning. I think this is what I need. Weights and lifting are all well and nice but cardio is whats going to keep me going for the long run. I watch Jack Lalaine and I'm in awe of what he's been able to accomplish in his 93 years with his body. The guy is amazing. While he doesn't talk about spinning I think he'd say it's a good thing.

I need to get off my ass. I'm still running the stairs granted but I need more. I need something thats going to beat me into wanting more. I need something where I can look over at somebody and just know they're giving it all they got too. Something to put all the distraction in the world off to the side and focus on the workout.

Spinning... I'm thinking about it.
Is it too late to ask for a bike for Christmas?

1 comment:

CatSpit said...

DO IT. You'll never have a harder workout unless you enjoy ice climbing on overhangs, or X-country skiing on floorboards. If you're already a member of a gym maybe they have a class? I get on well with Kim as a training partner but I wonder if I would be as motivated if I was doing the DVD's alone. Probably, but not quite. Remember you don't need to get a spinning bike, you can use a normal road bike / mountain bike and simply buy the trainer that lifts the rear wheel off the ground. The workouts are more suited to these types of bikes as he talks a lot about gears. Indoor workouts rule during winter. Still there? What are you waiting for? Of course this is coming from a smoker which is a total fucking oxymoron. I don't get it either. *sigh*