Sunday, January 07, 2007

So I woke up Sunday morning to a magnificent blue sky outside. The sound of birds chirping with a sweet smell finding it's way into my room thanks to the bakery down the road. I staggered to the kitchen to start prepping some eggs and scrapple while knocking back a glass of cranberry juice. Just then I heard the paper boy, Ricky, hit my front door with the Sunday paper. "Perfect timing again." I thought to myself as I made my way to the front door. Sure enough bundled up perfectly with two rubber bands was my paper. I retrieved it and went back inside ready to fill my brain with the latest news and my belly with animal parts. Half way through my scrambling of said eggs I heard something I had never heard before...

"Gwack! Gwack!"

Perplexed I just ignored it but soon it came again...

"Gwack!"

It was clear it was coming from the back of the house so I cinched up my robe to make sure the old woman across from my backyard wouldn't see my manhood and preceded to walk outside to find out what was making the weird sound. As I rounded the corner to the east side of the house what I saw was something completely unexpected...

a pelican had landed in my backyard.



Go ahead and tell me pelicans land in your backyard all the time.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

If I were you I'd have a serious talk with that girlfriend of yours....
e.e.

Booster MPS said...

Now that is pretty cool sir! Only wild life I see are dogs in the neighborhood getting walked

Anonymous said...

In FL that would be fairly common but in PA? I think it is lost!

Anonymous said...

hey kow email me please

Anonymous said...

ummm that's pretty awesome. I have horses in my backyard and other peoples dogs. Nothing exciting like yours.

Anonymous said...

Awesome!
The most exciting this i get in my back yard are the dustbin men!!

Blondie... said...

hahaha

NO!

I have had ill seagulls though show up. A pelican would prolly scare me. They're HUGE!

I hope you're doing well.

Blondie
((I couldn't get the word verification right...rawr))

Phain said...

the occassional red hawk, yes

pelicans? no.

and what exactly is scrapple?

Anonymous said...

I still can't believe we get all the seagulls we do, this far from the ocean, so why not a pelican!