Monday, April 11, 2005

Atlantic City

How I love my city by the sea. Soaring towers dripping of neon sparkling against a cloudless midnight sky. Inside I'm sitting at the Wheel of Fortune Slot, Red, White, and Blue 7's hoping to hit it big. The win never comes. Fuck it I was never really lucky at slots anyway. Off to the Trop and their poker room.

I sit down in the players registration area to have my picture taken for my new poker player card. The pic makes me look like a psycho, all the better to instill fear in my opponents. I buy in for $50 and sit down at a table with the Yakuza on one end and the Russian mob on the other. I'm serious I was put on a table with a warring underworld. Girls are coming over to the big Russian giving him back rubs as he says he's been on this table since 5 am and hasn't moved. His stack certainly shows it. We play and I take about $45 from him in one hand get up and leave the table.

No comments: