Thursday, April 07, 2005

Stress

Is there anything more stressful than buying a home? Me and the gf are in mid of the buyong process and I'm beginning to crack. All the caca that goes into this simple exchange is amazing. I know it'll be worth it. She'll have her office, outside deck and living room. I'll have my dream kitchen, study, and "guy room" in the basement complete with a bar and TV.

Any of you regular readers have any advice? I'm seriously pounding my head on a wall over this.

Also no curse words in this entry. Neato!

2 comments:

CatSpit said...

1) Breathe. At all times. No matter how apparent the stress. Everyone goes through it. Just breathe.

2) Enjoy the looking around process.

3) Try not to sweat the money. Mortgage payments are ok when you get used to them. This was the hardest thing for me to mentally prepare for but it's really not bad once you make them. After all you're paying for something rather than pissing money up the wall by renting

4) Bidding wars suck. I'm not sure what the market up there is like but down here in DC, you'll need to be prepared to lose many times. You only need to win once though :)

5) Budget. Try to cut out extraneous shit from your life that you don't need. Like GR2, waste of money that one was. Tighten the belt and plan - it can be enjoyable :0

6) Make it a bonding experience for you and the lady. Give and take, don't argue and appreciate each other's points of view. You WILL find one that you both fall in love with.

Hows that?

CatSpit said...

P.s. ShitShiteBuggerBollocksDamn