Friday, May 13, 2005

A penny saved...

Well the XBox 360 debuted last night to much fanfare and little else. I had already known what the machine looked like and was kid of turned off by it. Now that everything is out and about I kinda dig the design. It's curvy exterior sets it apart from other consoles and it clearly shows it's Japanese design roots with the layout. I'll be buying one simply because I have enough change by which to do it. Plus I'm a whore for this kind of shit and need my cravings satisfied.

So following the show I opened the change drawer to see what was in there and frankly I'm shocked. I have a shitload of change. I've been saving it since last August following the Vegas trip and probaly have close to $300 in there already. Add to that what I can save between now and November and I'm sure my shiny new 360 will be mine for nothing more than collected change from my pockets. Franklin once said "A penny saved is a penny earned" and I have made that saying a theme in my life. I 've paid for entire Christmas', trips to Vegas, and made car payments with nothing but saved up loose change. If your not saving your change shame on you. The next time your in a store and need an extra 37 cents don't bother digging for it just hand over a dollar bill and collect the change.

1 comment:

Tevin said...

Wow! I'm not that good. I use my debit card too much. I did save up a $100 buy-in change (I actually took the rolled change to the cage :P) that won a poker tournament with though. So my saved change turned into 500... so. I should've turned back into quarters and took it to LA. But alas. I have shit to buy.