Friday, May 19, 2006

7 Shirts, 2 Days

In packing this morning for the monthly weekend in Atlantic City I finally realized something, I pack like a girl. I've literally got 7 shirts packed for this upcoming weekend. What is that? It's silly really. A person should only need 3 shirts tops for 2 days away right? One is designated a back up just in case one of the others get stained or starts to smell. That's all a guy should need to pack right? Not me. Nope. Gotta have 7 friggin shirts even though I know I will only end up wearing 3 at most.

Well wait...
I do have the Brandywine Craft Brewer's Fest tommorow before I leave for the shore. That's easily going to be a 2 shirt affair as I'll probably have a long sleeve tee under a short sleeve one. As soon as I get down to A.C. it'll be another 2 shirts to change into before I hit the poker tables around 10 pm.

So were up to 4 shirts already.

Then Sunday will probably be at least a one shirt day, possibly 2. If we decide to hit the Cape May County Zoo the stink from the camels will force me to change before I head home. That brings the total to 6 shirts with one still in reserve for emergency use. 7 shirts, 2 days.

Yeah your probably saying this fugger thinks shit out too much. And you'd be right. But your probably the person asking to borrow a shirt from me during the next trip we take together.

We hit post #400 sometime next week. If you would like to guest write it shoot me an email on it. I'm opening this bitch up to someone else this one time only.

12 comments:

Ellie Creek Ellis said...

like a girl? lol is there something wrong with this?

Blondie... said...

Hmmm and what is wrong with being prepared for anything??

Besides, don't claim the girl factor unless you have at least 5 pairs of shoes to possibly "go with" all the shirts, pants... A shoe store picked out just in case you decide you need something new...and well, you see where I'm going.

Happy Friday and have a wonderful time in A.C.!

Booster MPS said...

My God I am the same way with underwear - not that you wanted to know that.

Networkchic said...

You can only be so lucky. :-)

Sky said...

you said "we". I am not packed yet. I guess I better hurry :)

kimmyk said...

Yeah but how many pairs of shoes did you pack?

That's really the "I pack like a girl" factor.

About______ said...

I'm kinda the other way around.. 10 shirts for 30 days... Thats Alaska for ya! they have washing machines.

Fame said...

I like a man that is always prepared! I will travel with you anytime!

WDKY said...

Have a great time, kow. And don't worry, you pack like me. Although I may have taken a bit extra to be safe.

400 posts? Wow, I don't even count mine, but I may have to now. Great idea for the guest post, by the way.

Galen said...

I make piles of stuff I'm not ashamed to be seen in, and just measure and estimate how much shirt or pant is going to fit in my bag. So I end up taking volumes of each clothing item, rather than quantities.

Alrighty I've got a cinder block of T's, a shoe box of jeans, a kleenex box of underwear, one belt, 7 different unmatched socks, and needle nose pliers. I think I may have room for something pizza box shaped.

That's how it goes.

Anotheramy said...

My son went to NYC with his band for a long weekend. Their suits for performing were already stowed so they needed cloths for three days. All of my sons fit in a back pack. Some of the girls had full sized rolling luggage. I, a woman, tend to underpack cloths. I wind up rinsing out underthings or shirts because I didnt bring enough but, if anyone one needs some advil, sinus meds, nail clippers, a mirror, tweezers,...Ive got that!

jamwall said...

what happens in atlantic city follows you home and haunts you at your home, periodically knocking at your door and saying things like "i thought you'd want to meet your son."