Friday, May 26, 2006

Phil the Groundhog

Walking onto the highway one fine day
was a little groundhog going his own way.
With a weeble wobble and a blank stare
he made his way across the road with much much care.

And then he heard the roar of an 01' Dakota.
Frightened was he that he was about to be run ova'.
The driver behind the wheel showed much compassion
and steered his truck away from him with great fashion.

Phil was safe, just one more road to cross.
The Dakota driver checked his mirror to see no one was lost.
Phil started over the next set of roadway.
The driver looked back to make sure he would be okay.
As Phil was halfway across the next road
a small Honda came racing , his future foretold.
It struck poor Phil, sent him a scurrying
into more traffic, no place for a burying.
The Dakota driver looked on in great dismay.
Because his new pal Phil had just gone away
No longer alive, never to see the light
Phil was now a pancake and it just isn't right.

11 comments:

Ellie Creek Ellis said...

geez, no comment even comes to mind...i could make a joke about roadkill or the sorts, but POOR PHIL!

Booster MPS said...

We eat those back in 'Bama. Not really.

PG said...

Somehow, k o w, I KNEW this story was going to end badly.

Next time fukking stop and give the little guy a ride, 'fer cryin out loud.

Sheesh.
;)
xoxx

kimmyk said...

Oh that's wrong KOW.

You know how pissed off those guys in the black hats are gonna be come next Feb?

I suggest layin' low for a while.

Fame said...

KOW that is just wrong...I can't believe I just read this whole thing and he dies..Jack ass..I'm now mad at you....

Caterpillar said...

That's so sad. I love all those cute little animals! Poor little Phil - but I'm glad you gave him a name and we're all mourning him now, so he's touched us all with his little life!

I have to say, though, that only you could write that sweet and sad little poem and still put a little smile on my face at certain parts - even the last line.

WDKY said...

Poor Phil. Of course, this is just one big metaphor for life. And the moral is...

Phain said...

ew

ladylongfellow said...

I don't swerve to hit critters in the streets -but I have no love for groundhogs...sorry..lol. Ain't nothing cute when the critters destroy a whole garden, eat through the fencing, etc. I say -lock and load...lol..or go play in traffic! Yeah I'm so mean, I know...lol..

Blueprincesa said...

Aaaawwww! Phil! Did he see his shadow first?

Anonymous said...

Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
»