Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Fish Food

The thing about piranha is that they can't bite you while your roasting them over an open fire after a long day's hike through the rain forest . A little salt and pepper makes their flesh pretty damn tasty. They go well with some fresh cooked plantains and some Xingu.

Fishing for them is easy enough. Using simple earthworms as bait you can get them on your line fairly easy. Unhooking them though is a whole other experience. Pliers work as does flinging the fish around trying to shake it off. I decided to use pliers. When fishing for them I used a bobber as I didn't want to hook one of the gigantic catfish known to haunt the river. Of course I was told that the best giant catfish bait is actually a dead small pirahna. Maybe I should keep the little toothy bastard on the line then?

11 comments:

PG said...

Fry him up, baby!

Let's marinate him too...

Silver said...

Some cajun seasoning would work for that little fucker. I'm hungry now...

Booster MPS said...

I say you just whack him with your spoon. I hear they are tasty with a little garlic and lemon!

kimmyk said...

LOL @ whack him with your spoon!

Good one Booster!

I don't eat fish..nasty!

Networkchic said...

Fish with teeth scare me.

Blondie... said...

I can't fathom actually getting to fish in the amazon. What a great memory. I wouldn't want one of those catfish! lol BUT if you caught it, then you'd not be lying when you wave your hands to motion it was *thiiiiiiiiiiiis* big. haha

... j said...

I totally would have flailed the little bugger around... totally. I love falining things in general, pliers, are ... too civilized.

Caterpillar said...

I'd try eating it, but I wouldn't want to see it alive.

Blueprincesa said...

Mmmmm, sounds tasty.

j said...

I unknowingly swam in piranha infested waters in Grenada. The people I was with warned us about the killer trees but didn't bother about the fishies...until we were safe back at our lodgings.

I do love to eat fish though I never tried these.

Sky said...

You're only catching piranhas? Come on down KOW where you can get a real catch...alligator :)