Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Secret Mustard


Preface: You haven't had a soft pretzel until you've eaten a Philly soft pretzel.

Setting: Pretzel shop around the corner from authors mansion. ;)
Wednesday, 5/10/06, 8:10 a.m.

Me: One pretzel please.
Pretzel Vendor: Fifty cents.
Do you have any mustard?
Sure do, yellow, spicy, grey poupon, or the secret mustard
Secret mustard?
Yup
What's in it?
That's the secret, wanna try it.
I usually don't experiment with mustards so early in the morning but it's Wednesday.
Exactly.
Exactly what?
Well it's Wednesday, no better day to try a new mustard.
Now that's my kinda logic.
Here it is.
Thanks (starts to squirt secret mustard onto pretzel, takes bite) Wow that's good mustard!
Tell me about it.
What's the secret?
Do you really want to know?
Your not going to tell me a cat pissed in it right?
(laughing) umm.. no.
Well then have at it my man.
It's just all three mustards combined into one bottle.
By Odin's Beard!
By Odin's Beard my friend.

This was easily the best mustard I have ever eaten on a pretzel, Wednesday is starting out great!

6 comments:

Sky said...

Where's my pretzel?

k o w said...

1,000 miles away baby, 1,000 miles away.

j said...

I, sadly, have only ever had pretzels from a bag.

Booster MPS said...

I don't think I have ever had a soft pretzel. I must not be living right.

Sky said...

I'm on my way kow...been a long time since I had a soft pretzel.

Fame said...

I LOVE Philly Pretzels! My mommy is from there. :-) They are the best. I have to have mine smothered in mustard. I will be up soon, lets meet at the pretzel stand ok?