Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Fuggo Movie Review: X-Men III

Let me preface this by saying I grew up reading the X-Men comic book. I stopped around the time I actually started getting laid and needed my money to start spending on things like dinners out, flowers, and the occasional 40oz. of Colt 45. Out went Wolverine and Storm, in came that hotty Betty with the big boobs and an ass that wouldn't quit.

So here I present my review for the film.


Juggernaut is not a mutant.
Mystique would never snitch.
Rogue would never want a cure.
and well this part they got right...
Cyclops is a pussy.

I was underwhelmed by this film. Kelsey Grammar looked like he should be franticly munching his way through a box of cookies instead of being a mutant cabinet member. In terms of pure action this movie is just about nonstop with uber amounts of mutant being splattered across the big screen. But as an "X-Men" movie this film stunk. X A V I E R- stunk!

C'mon now what a lame plot and story. Could they not mine the 25+ years of wonderful storytelling to come up with a decent story? No, instead they take a shit the size of Juggernaut's helmet all over the the X-men legacy.

Dear Marvel films, If I wanted to watch the OC I'll watch Fox. Instead they heap this weak, angsty love triangle of Kitt Pryde, Rogue, and Iceman onto us. And then as if they haven't beaten us with a mental shovel of shit enough they go and have.....

SPOILER BELOW




Rogue go and lose her power because she wants to touch Iceman. Lame.

Magneto comes off weak here. What's up with having him and his hordes hang out in tents? The man has the power to rip the Golden Gate up but cant form a single metal roof? Aww... cmon! Hey can anyone tell me what the fuck was the point in having Angel in this film? Really somebody tell me why he was included? There was no point to him. He flys in, he flys out. Thanks come again you idiot.

And the ending... that little spot after the credits.... if Moira McTaggert wasn't the hottest thing in a lab coat I would call it a total failure. More later... I'm still throwing up from this film.

8 comments:

Fame said...

I don't even know what or who the Xmen are...am I missing anything that will effect my life on a grand scale? Sorry you wasted money on a movie! I hate it when I do that!

Reel Fanatic said...

I don't think Ratboy even bothered to read one X-Men comic book before making this monstrosity ... He just threw every possibly storyline he heard about at the screen and resolved none of them ... the treatment of Rogue, Jean Grey and, particularly, Mystique was just atrocious

kimmyk said...

I saw it this weekend too...I liked it, but I didn't like it as well as the second one.

I wouldn't watch it again though....cause I rarely watch a movie twice.

jamwall said...

what the hell's kelsey grammer doing there?

Mister Bones said...

Dude, you could've started getting laid and kept reading.....I know people who that's worked out well for.

As for the movie, I hate to say "I told you so" but well....

Polt said...

Yeah, the movie was a disappointment. But honestly, I'd lose all my powers if I could sleep with Iceman. He's dreamy.

I'm just sayin.... :P

ladylongfellow said...

I took the kids to see it last Sunday...it was OK. I didn't like how they protrayed Jean/Pheonix. I was pissed Angel was such a small part of it. I've never really liked how they protrayed Rogue either -she's too much of a sissy bitch in the movies and you're right she wouldn't give up her powers for Iceman. Wolverine -well I just like Hugh Jackman-I'd take him hair amuss and all! But the thing they didn't explain -is "the cure" doesn't last. So, how much ya bet there is an X-Men 4? Not to mention you still need to find out where Xavier, Jean/Pheonix etc. Hell, I'd go see that too though!

Anonymous said...

Great site lots of usefull infomation here.
»