Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Office Zoo

"We have a bug in our office, it's big and it's flying around. We need your help."
Being the young male of the species it is my duty to protect the females of my group from the dangers of the outside world including yucky things with 6 legs and antennae. The few older males in our enclosure have long retired to their offices to a life of paperwork and quiet observation of the world outside of their cages/offices. So when I heard the distress of the females I ran over to help them. As I walked into their part of the enclosure they were all hooting and hollering, pointing at the intruder currently walking along the wall. "Kill it, destroy, slaughter" they called out. But being that we were all stuck here in this zoo it probably meant that so was this bug. So I took a cup and simply placed it over the insect. A little shake and it fell right into the cup ready for transport out of our enclosure. "Aren't you going to kill it?" asked one of the females? "No" I responded, "I'm going to let it go outside so that it can have a chance to escape. It doesn't have to work, it doesn't have to pay bills, it doesn't have to come running to the aid of the female members of his species every 45 seconds. All he has to do is eat, drink, shit, and fuck. And when he's not doing that he's flying. Going wherever the hell he wants when he wants. I cannot take that away from him, in fact I'm a little jealous."
With that last snort I walked out of the enclosure with my hand covering the top of the cup. I went to the roof and released the bug back into the urban wild. When I returned to my cage I was back on observation for all to see, only now with a hint of silver on my back.

11 comments:

Networkchic said...

such a tender heart.

WDKY said...

A man's man, AND a woman's man. You're doing okay, KOW ;-)

Blueprincesa said...

I never kill bugs either, unless they're bighting me. Bugs are people too. Well, actually they're not. But still.

Caterpillar said...

What a fabulously told little story!!! And when you put it that way, there is a bit of potential jealousy there!

TJ said...

That's a touching story, and reminds us that we should all recognize the value of even the smallest creatures in nature.

Of course, the bug didn't have any wings and you were on top of a 20-story building when you released it, but hey--it's the thought that counts.

I'm sure that it appreciated your effort as it plummeted towards the pavement...

:)

jamwall said...

your such a hero of the working bug KOW

Blondie... said...

I think its a man's natural born duty to be the bug captor... I don't like them killed either...

HOWEVER, I despise anything with 8 or MORE legs. They repulse me. I'd rather kiss a toad.

ew

But yeah, you're thoughtful. Did you beat your chest as you threw it down? "Me K.O.W. Me Save Your Life... Worship ME!"

hehe Great post you kind hearted beast!

Sky said...

Hmm, I think there is a bug in my office...come save me :)

ladylongfellow said...

I have just a few thoughts: sissy bitches; should have killed the damn bug; and I resent the praying mantis comment sirreene...lol.

LSG said...

Small spiders are allowed to dwell in my home. Flies are not. And anything that even RESEMBLES a cockroach is HISTORY.

And that's not silver KOW... that's gray. ;o)

Ms Smack said...

haaaaaaahaha excellent post.

loved it!

Over here in Australia, we have some mighty scary looking poisonous icky things - let me know if you want a 2nd job!