Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Overheard at the Grocery

Just a couple of quotes I was lucky enough to hear this morning while picking up my disgusting green juice,

"Can I get a half pound of jumbo shrimp?"
"That'll equate to about 5 shrimp"
"Ok then make it 6."

"I love this sausage, but it's too hot in my mouth."

Woman on cell phone in line..."Tom Cruise's girlfriend is ugly, I know she's pregnant but she's still ugly."

"I need more Q-Tips."

"You can't stuff your bird after you've brined it."

"$3.50 for a bottle of juice?"
"You haven't tried it yet with vodka."
"At 7am?"
"Especially at 7am."

Ok so that last one was me and the checkout lady.

13 comments:

Sky said...

Hmm...never had one burn in my mouth. They should see a doctor about that. :)

Blondie... said...

HAHAHA

Being the lush that I am...

Almost any juice mixes with vodka... I am not a big fan of screwdrivers though. :-)

"it's too hot in my mouth"... LMAO!

k o w said...

Good call sirreene. Wine and then dine.

Zoozan said...

I just know the first ones must have been said by middle aged women, because the tragic thing is that they made perfect sense to me.

Danielle said...

omg hhhahahhahah loved it!!!! and i know this is right --->Can I get a half pound of jumbo shrimp?"
"That'll equate to about 5 shrimp"
"Ok then make it 6."

lol

Networkchic said...

I don't mind my sausage hot, it's the salty taste that kills me.

WDKY said...

It's surreal. By the way, can you clarify which of you said what, please?

k o w said...

The checkout lady started with the "$3.50" comment and I followed up with the vodka.

honkeie said...

what green juice are u drinkin?
and its too hot in my mouth...really I would be courious to where else she tried putting it to compare it with lol.

kimmyk said...

That green goodness ( pfft! ) is nasty Kow. How do you choke it down???
I do like the Chai Tea w/ Vanilla though. I never would have found it if I wasn't looking at the green shit.

Blueprincesa said...

wait-- who's drinking vodka at 7am-- you or the checkout lady?

Mister Hand said...

That last one made me laugh really, really hard.

You should get some counseling. Although, I'm the one to talk. I don't know what I'd do in the morning without that first hit from the crack pipe.

k o w said...

It was a joke with the lady. I rarely drink liquor anymore.