Monday, April 10, 2006

"I Call"

As I sat there I knew I was going to be in trouble. Nobody in the place could have missed her as she strutted through the floor to sit down and play. She was due up next on my table and it just so happened the seat across from me was open. After breaking necks of the gentlemen swinging around to make sure it was her she sat down right across from me and said "Hello."

Now this was something I had never experienced before. Playing a simple game of poker in A.C. on a Friday night is usually a sausagefest. This night was different because not only had a woman arrived but a woman everyone knew. She was famous. Breathtaking on the silver screen she now sat directly across from me with $200 in chips ready to play. She buys into the next hand and away we go. She wins some hands and loses some. Play was pretty aggresive on the table minus myself and the gentlemen next to me as it seemed each guy wanted to be in a hand with her. This way they would get her attention for a split second and think to themselves "Yeah I could get her tonight." I just sat back and watched the show. I would throw in on a couple of hands looking to make something happen but nothing did. She on the other hand was starting to build quite the pile in front of her. I don't know what was sexier, her chips or her.

I finally catch a hand, a pair of tens. She apparently does to as she raises me on the flop. "Let's play." I say to her and we're off. This was a no limit game and we both had about the same size stack so we threw chips at one another back and forth up until the river where I go all in. "I call." she fires quick and pushes her pile all in as well.

Well I have a new respect for her. She took me for close to $140. As I stood up to leave she stood and shook my hand. That's classy. I may not have enjoyed many of the films she's been in but I will always remember the night in A.C. where she took my money at the poker table.

Go ahead and guess who she was.

15 comments:

Fame said...

Morning baby! I don't know who this was and I'm not going to guess, however I think you should be dating my mother because she was gambling all weekend as well. I hate to gamble, every time I lose I think of what a fabulous pair of shoes I could have purchased and get mad and storm off. It's not pretty let me tell you. LOL Glad a chick took your money, i'm all for that. Have a good monday. Kisses Fame

Kojubat said...

Bea Arthur

Booster MPS said...

Kim Bassinger - or maybe that is just my dream.

I once had the chance to meet Theresa Randall at a wedding but chickened out. I was so close to asking her to dance.

WDKY said...

Miss Piggy?

Chuck fka: Meanie said...

Awnowd Swawztinhaggow in dwag!

Blueprincesa said...

Sharon Stone.

jamwall said...

Ruth Buzzy?

Anonymous said...

Can't think of a better way 2 loose $140!
;]

k o w said...

I would kill to play poker against Ruth Buzzy.

Anonymous said...

Carmen Electra and only because I was sitting 2 tables over.

You lucky fuck.

bz

WDKY said...

Carmen Electra?

Phain said...

Rosie O'Donnell....HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR

kimmyk said...

I give up..but if it was Carmen I'm surprised ya didnt sit there and drool yourself into a puddle.

Sounds like you had a good time though...that's all that matters!

Galen said...

That's pretty cool. (it was carmen, right?)

Anonymous said...

I'm b a c k!
Glad I could put a smile on U'r face!
I would Luv a link!
...and I will link U back!
8*]