Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Scent

I am complimented at least three times a week on how I smell. "(kow) you smell great." or "What are you wearing that smells so good?" are the two items I hear most. Scent is something that people remember most. Think about how you'll smell something and for a split second your in another place where you first smelled that particular fragrance. It amazes me how people react to a scent they pick up on.

About six months ago a friend of my ladyfriend calls her up to ask if I could go over to her place and set up her internet connection. I am constantly whored out to perform deeds such as this and of course I agree to do it. So I drive over to her friends place and knock on the door Her friend invites me in and shows me her "brand new Dell!!!". It's a laptop and she needs help setting up a wireless network so she can cruise the internet while in bed. So I hook everything up and then sit on her couch with the laptop to show her what I've setup for her. The first thing she says to me is "Wow you smell great!" I continue on to tell her about what I setup and she continues with "You smell amazing" as she moves closer and closer with each passing second.
As I'm showing her the features of wireless networking she moves even closer and says "I love whatever it is your wearing, you gotta tell me what your wearing as it's driving me crazy." I turn to her, look her dead in the eyes and say "Baby it's my deodorant." "Deodorant?" she quips back. "Yup... it's Pure Sport Old Spice."



20 comments:

j said...

Nice!

The simple stuff works so well.

PG said...

mmmmmmmmmmm. You smell goooooood.


Sigh. I love the smell of a man.
Esp. just out of the shower...!

;)

Blondie... said...

Oooooh, a man just of the shower is the nicest for me too!! Or when he gets completely dressed and has layered the scents correctly, which I'm assuming is just aftershave and deoderant...lol

I have met some guys though that put on SO much colgne that it almost burns your corneas.

... j said...

i get the same thing man, been wearing Issey since 97 and sooo many ex's and women who ive been around call me up sometimes out of the blue to tell me they smelled someone and he reminded them of me...

... Paige said...

So what you are really saying is that old ship is back in port.

Mister Bones said...

I wear it proudly! Same thing happens to me at work, they always think I'm joking when I tell them what I'm wearing.

Blueprincesa said...

No kidding. I don't know why every man in the world doesn't wear Old Spice. It's like catnip for women. Not like that Axe shit. That stuff smells like cat piss and if I ever had a boyfriend I caught wearing it, I'd send him home for a shower before I'd even touch him.

plus the commercials piss me off.

Silver said...

Talk about memories associated with smells. My dad wore Old Spice all the time, and every time I use that same deordorant, I think of my father, because of the smell.

Plus my lady loves the smell too. Drives her crazy!

WDKY said...

You're the man!

(Do you know that old joke that ends "Well, it doesn't smell like Come To Me"?)

WDKY said...

Oh, I'm a simple man who goes for Versace. It's apparently rather sexy too.

Fame said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Fame said...

LMAO! Too Funny! Yes chicks dig a good smelling man.

Phain said...

Brilliant!! And I agree - the scent of a man (or woman for that matter) is treasured. To breathe deep the scent of your love...everyone smells so different, even if they both wear Old Spice - it's vastly unique on each person.

Tevin said...

Word! I'm an Old Spice Artic Force guy myself. And these silly 19-21 year olds say: wow you smell great! And then I tell them I don't wear colgne, and they're shocked.

Real mean don't wear colgne. Old Spice Pride!

Caterpillar said...

You're fabulous, kow!

finally forgiving said...

my ex used to wear that same deodorant and I was in love with it. it's freaking amazing!

Ellie Creek Ellis said...

please tell me it doesn't smell the same as yucky old spice cologne!

lime said...

too funny, my hubby wears it and it's just sorta there. it must work really well with your body chemistry.

Melissa said...

one of my favorite scents... especially up close and flirtatious like that.
nice!

whoever it was that said its like catnip for women- very true!!

ladylongfellow said...

I'm not sure I'm remembering what old spice smells like, but I'm thinking I dunno if it smells good or not. Too bad you can't put smells on your blog.