Friday, June 09, 2006

2 Years of FUGGO

It's been two years since this website first debuted with a salsa recipe. It's been a real joy to write. It was never meant to be about anything personal about me. Instead I meant it to be a place for a daily laugh or thought provoking view. I hope I have provided these for you in the time you have been visiting here.

Today I'm welcoming in one of the most gorgeous women I have yet to have dinner with. She has kindly wriiten a small post that I found to be great for a discussion.

Le chat qui a peur

What is it that makes freedom so intoxicating? You walk away, let go and all of a sudden you're dizzy with pleasure. Accountability becomes a thing of the past – something for "everyone else" to worry about. You are responsible for you and only you and you suddenly find yourself giggling over the idea. Not in a girlish *teeheehee* sort of way, but a near delirium, barely able to contain yourself *heempf*. If anyone were to look at you at that moment of enlightenment, when you realize you are truly free, they might think you've gone completely mad – or at least, very well on your way.
So what is it for you? What is it that makes you smile and go *heempf*??

11 comments:

Phain said...

And you even let me have my pink letters...*grin*

Sky said...

I don't know, I haven't had sex with kow yet...lol

WDKY said...

Firdstly, Kow, let me tell you that this is a fantastic blog, and has always been one of my favourites. I'm glad you didn't let it go that time (remember?) and thanks for giving me so much fun for however long I've been doing this crazy thing myself.

As for Puss, she and The Girl are amazing women, and their friendship is a revelation. I'd love to have them BOTH for dinner. At the same time preferably, after which I'd also have them for dessert. And for breakfast.

Keep up the fine work, mate, and thanks for all the laughs.

kimmyk said...

What makes me feel free and dizzy with pleasure?

Being with my family is when I'm my happiest. A summer BBQ with all the family, eating, swimming, and playing. Listening to the kids all laughing and having a good time. Watching my dogs run around playing. No worries. To me that's my "free" day.

I don't have enough of those though it seems. I wish I did.

Blondie... said...

Like I said already, congrats on such a fun blog. We've been commenting back and forth for quite a while too... Has it been nearly 2 years?

I didn't realize you were such good friends with Le Chat! What a cool guest post... The thing that makes me feel the free-est is when I'm riding horses and also when I'm with my son... his unbridled passion for life and happiness is enough to make you want to get lightheaded.

Backdoor Slider said...

I would have to say I feel that way when I am up at the farm sitting on top of a hill we have there that overlooks a small canyon. It is so peaceful and quiet with an amazing view that I just forget about the craziness of city life

Caterpillar said...

Congratulations on your anniversary, k o w! Your blog is always fabulous and always fun, and always something different!

I'm not sure exactly what gives me that super excited feeling but I think it's more just certain times when all circumstances are right - my hormones are down, my place is clean, and the sun is out. And it's usually when I'm walking outside in the sun and suddenly this fabulous feeling of hope fills me up and I literally feel like I can do anything!!! I LOVE that feeling!!!

Fame said...

KOW first off I love your blog...you know your my take a break at work blog! 2 years..wow here to 2 more. Thanks for having my girl as a quest speaker this week.

Dizzy with pleasure..sitting on a beach side cafe with Le Chat drinking a great glass of wine with girl talk. Nothing is better!

Anonymous said...

Well done for reaching two years!

I read that question initially as "what makes you go 'queef'?"

Err... moving swiftly on, I'm at my most free when I'm writing, having a laugh round the dinner table with my family, and having great sex. Gazing out at the stars/full moon or watching a sunset makes me feel totally at peace. There's lots of things that make life worth living; those are just a few.

Ellie Creek Ellis said...

dang........i was hoping to hear a new song, today!

Booster MPS said...

Congrats on two years bro!

To answer the question at hand, for me nothing renews me like a drive with good music. Like life, it's all about the journey.