Monday, June 19, 2006

Hey wait a second...

When I was in kindergarten I remember my teacher having a male friend who she would call "Mr. Goodbody". He would come into the classroom all the time and help Ms. Cherill with her work. I was 5 years old and at the time like my fellow students took the name as his literal last name and called him that all year. We were more concerned with finger paint than we were with Ms. Cherrill and Mr. Goodbody and whatever they were working on behind the divider in the room.

So...

You know what I just realized Goodbody couldn't have been his real name. That's just what Ms. Cherrill called him! He probably had a regular last name but since Ms. Cherrill liked "working" with him so much she dubbed him a new last name.

You see this is the kind of shit I remember clear out of the blue somedays.

9 comments:

Blondie... said...

LMAO...

What a funny memory! I wonder if she got a kick out of y'all saying that??

Silver said...

Interesting...

Tevin said...

haha.

I just found out my Kint. teacher (whom I remained close with for many years following) was an avid potsmoker.

... and then it all made sense!

Booster MPS said...

I am sure they were working on puppet shows behind the divider also

kimmyk said...

KOW-Are you sure it wasn't that whole "Mr Goodbar in her Mounds" thing happening behind the divider?

I hope you can sleep tonight with such horrible flashbacks.

Phain said...

How's this for creepy...about five years after I graduated from high school, I found out (from the man himself) that my geography teacher from 12th grade had the hots for me. And I babysat his kids!!!! WTF!?!

jamwall said...

ms. cherill and mr. goodbody always seemed to be in pain everytime they were behind the divider.

all that moaning..

Lori said...

Mr Goodbody...was really Mr Goodbody behind that divider...LOL

Have a great day!!!

Ellie Creek Ellis said...

it's about as random as you typing a post with your toe!