Monday, August 14, 2006

Enlightenment

It was a cool summer evening in August with little to no humidity weighing down the breeze. The smell of lavender wafted along mixing with the fragrances coming off of the bakery down the road. As I laid in the grass of the backyard looking up at the night sky viewing the first meteor shower these eyes had ever seen I began to feel a peace. Real, true tranquility. It was surreal lying there staring up at the stars for what felt like the first real true time it had happened. Suddenly I was 10 again learning something for the first time. The synapses were going off in my mind as I tracked the movement of bright orbs in the night sky.

Then a possum sniffed at my toe. I freaked. It hissed. And we both ran the opposite way from one another screaming like schoolgirls.

3 comments:

Blondie... said...

hehehe

I got to watch the meteor shower this weekend too...congrats to yoU!

Phain said...

You scream like a girl...I belch like a man - what a pair!

WDKY said...

Peace is good. Screaming is bad.

An ex-wrestler, too...

(Well, where is it then???)