Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Strange New World

Log Date, 8/29/06: I touched down 2 days ago into this new land and it's been rather difficult as of late to get my bearings. On Monday I parachuted into this terrain that looked familiar to me from high up but is now very foreign. The sights and smells are different. The locals all seem to be close to ten years my younger while the elders that stand at the front of each assembly seem to be more of a peer of mine. The local females display much more skin than one was used to seeing when I would fly over the area before. And the males seems uneducated and more burned out than what I had hypothesized.

The locals all walk along now plugged into small units with white wires running into the ears as if listening to something. I'd have at the wires with my machete but I fear it wouldn't do much good as there are so many of them wired up in this fashion now that I wouldn't be able to escape the horde that would fall upon me.

I have been eating alot of the local fruits. They are easily accessible thanks to merchants who set up their wares on each corner I round. It is good and thus far I have been able to manage without any ill effects.

My chopper out of here won't be back for awhile. I either have to try and fit in with this new society or I'll be trampled.

9 comments:

Phain said...

yeah school!!!!

PG said...

go BACK!! I warn you!
It's not too late!
Go back, child!!
This world is a death trap and it sucks you in! Run while you can!

j said...

It is exactly like a foreign land. Slightly older and you realize that much of it doesn't matter like you once thought.

Mister Bones said...

Sounds to me like you're playing some Dead Rising! But maybe everybody else is right and you're just at school...

Fame said...

awww baby you'll be fine. I feel completely out of place at my new dwelling of employment. I am not sure when I will fit in, but i'm trying.

It's funny to see the students. When I go back to FSU I see students and I feel so old. But in the best way possible. I know what is ahead of them and what is behind me. You'll adjust.

Sky said...

I felt the same way when I went back to school. The guys in my class seemed like a bunch of morons and the girls trashier. It didn't take me long to fit in though (or at least I felt I did) and to be honest it makes me feel younger again. I have never felt like I have aged past 25 and if I am surrounded by those in their 20s that makes me 20 something, right?

Caterpillar said...

Three science classes and labs!!?! Holy shit, man - what a way to jump right in! I'm curious to know just what you're going for a degree in now!

Booster MPS said...

My friend:

Reach into your trusty back pack and right next to your rations will be your wooden spoon. Remove it and thrust it into the air and they will all fall at your feet in awe.

Shan'Chelle said...

Hmm...this sounds familiar....good luck with those classes...first semester of respiratory therapy for me and it is surprisingly easy since it consists only of 7 units since I've been in school for 10 years and have gotten all the corequisites completed :-) You'll be fine...just don't burn yourself in lab :-)