Tuesday, July 19, 2005

The New Workout

Many of you know that while I work out I don't use the standard methods commonly associated with the endeavor. Some people use weights, others machines while I continue my quest to find a workout in almost everything I do.

Last night was the first night it didn't rain here in Philly. Looking at the small tropical forest my lawn had turned into I decided it was time to mow. So I busted out the trusty electric mower and had at it. I found the wet grass to be tough to mow. I was really working the calves, lumbar, abs, and upper body alot so I decided to stop for a second and develop a pattern where I would push the mower up the hill instead of across it to maximize the workout with the needed chore of mowing. I loved it. Mowing the lawn was actually energizing to me and I was kinda pissed when I finished as I was just finding a rhythm.

So let me just go on the record as mowing the lawn can be an extremely good workout if done a bit abnormally.

Chime in if this post was boring. I feel ya. The comedy is in there behind some tall grass trust me.

Ok you win here's a joke I just copy and pasted:
A businessman enters a tavern, sits down at the bar, and orders a double martini on the rocks. After he finishes the drink, he peeks inside his shirt pocket, then orders the bartender to prepare another double martini. After he finishes that it, he again peeks inside his shirt pocket and orders the bartender to bring another double martini. The bartender says, "Look, buddy, I'll bring ya' martinis all night long - but you gotta tell me why you look inside your shirt pocket before you order a refill." The customer replies, "I'm peeking at a photo of my wife. When she starts to look good, I know it's time to go home."

4 comments:

Silver said...

Let's hear it for the Lawn Hog! Wo-hoo!!

Anonymous said...

Mowing the lawn is like the only excercise I get. Good thing I have to put in like three hours every weekend on it - and that's without hills, but in 90+ temperatures.

Cold Justice said...

I've got over an acre of lawn -- it would take all day to mow with push mower. :( So I ride around on a John Deere for a couple of hours each week. Zero exercise.

Keep on posting the abnormal workout stuff, though -- it's good. I totally lack creativity in that area.

Tevin said...

Push your lawn mower over here! I absolutely detest lawn work. You are welcome to mow my lawn any time. And I mean that in the most literal since possible.