Thursday, July 13, 2006

There's No Talking To a Wall

k o w: It's not the Beatles.
The Wall: Ummm... yes it is.
Just because it sounds like a Beatles song doesn't mean it was written and performed by them.
It's a Beatles song, trust me.
No it's Mott the Hoople.
Who?
Mott the Hoople, you never heard of them.
No because you just made that name up.
Negative, they used to perform with Bowie I believe.
Well I don't believe you. I know the young dudes song is a Beatles song. I have the CD with it on there.
Oh really which one is that.
Joe burned me a disc of all Beatles songs and it's on there.
Well he's wrong too then.
I hate when you get like this.
What? When I'm right and your wrong?
Mott the Hoople is not the name of a band. Maybe something from Seuss?
No it's a band and they performed "All the Young Dudes", not the Beatles.
Well I think your full of shit.

Ladies and gentlemen I present to you a common discussion with the Wall.

11 comments:

lolly said...

Ok I could maybe understand someone not knowing Mott the hoople, but not knowing the Beatles?? Sireene that's appalling!

Anonymous said...

I met someone the other day who didn't know who Stevie Wonder was. Terrible. But jeez, even I've heard of Mott The Hoople, and I've never listened to them!

The Wall is quite hard-headed, isn't he?

Ellie Creek Ellis said...

i get along quite well with my walls.

Caterpillar said...

I have never in my life heard of Mott the Hoople - I honestly thought you made that up until I read the comments here! I'm going to have to educate myself now on who this person or group is.

kimmyk said...

Mott the who? Only Mott I know is applesauce.

Guess it's ok to talk to your wall....I talk to my steering wheel in the car.

Phain said...

OMG!!! Finally someone else who's heard of Mott The Hoople!! When I was 21, I (briefly) dated this guy who was 39 and he was big into Mott and Iron Butterfly and delighted in educating me in their musical ways.

Brandon Cackowski-Schnell said...

I can't believe people don't know who Mott the Hoople is. What's next? No one knows who Foghat is?

Slow ride, take it easy!

Sky said...

kow, do I need to come up there and take care of you. I am concerned about your mental health :P

Aaron said...

I too am shocked that "The Wall" doesnt know who Mott the Hoople is! Good grief, do 'The Wall' a favor and go buy the CD for 'em!

Kids these days! Good grief, they just don't know a lick about music anymore!! :)

Antek said...

get a new wall if it never heard of Mott the Hoople..All the young dude is CLASSIC.

Sounds like cinversations I have with my wall and the wall happens to be named Griffen.

WDKY said...

I'm impressed that you know MtH!!! All the Young Dudes was class.

I often find talking to the wall to be quite unproductive too, so I wouldn't really worry about it.