Wednesday, August 17, 2005

399 for the 360


Pay up suckas.

MS is invading your home at the $399 price point for their next generation console, the Xbox 360.

Damn good thing I've been saving the change since coming back from Vegas last August. As of June of this year the total change amount was a little over $500. I'm pretty well set for the launch cash flow wise.

But what about the people who can't? $299 is alot of money in and of itself. That's a tough price to be able to afford along with 2-3 games at launch. Now those people are getting the hose in the rear since no HDD comes with the system plus you get a wired controller as well. A big disappointment for anyone looking to finally escape wires.

Their going to make money on this thing. But I'd better get standard connection wires in the box for the times I take the thing on the road.

EDIT: That box is fucking ugly. Where's my fucking standard connections.? Wheres my rechargeable batteries? An extra $20 for a recharge pack? Fuck that!

Wait oh wait $100 fucking dollars for the right to hook my console up wirelessly? Get the fuck out of here Allard.

Check out Major Nelsons boards for some great reading. It reminds me of the wrestling fans of ROH. Whenever someone fucks up in the ring they start to chant in unison "You fucked up, you fucked up!" Same thing here only in print.

3 comments:

Galen said...

399 US is a fucking joke. That's like 485 canadian.... shit it taks me like a month and a half to earn that. You know what I think it is? These manufacturers haven't ever made much money on the actual consoles; 99 per cent of the profits were made selling games.... well I think these bastages at MS are trying to make a ton of profit on this heap. And they will. Assholes. Makes me want to slit my juggular.

Aaron said...

I'm not too worried about the price point at this time.

I mean yeah, it's a hit in the pocketbook, but as I recall when I walked out with my system for the first 'Box, I had spent almost 600$ for everything, DVD playback kit, 3 games, 2 controllers, hi-def cables.

Now I'll have to spend 399$ + 99$ for wireless (not sure its necessary yet) and my game purchases. I still think I'm well within the boundaries of the first gen system purchase.

Keg, I think they've updated the deal with standard cables as well. I think it will come with them as well as the hi-def one's. You'll have 2 options in that box. I'll look again as well, but that's my take on it.

k o w said...

If the standard wires come with the Premium set then I'm as pleased as punch. Thanks for the heads up SA.