Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Penguin Meat?


While walking to lunch today I saw an advertisement for the documentary "March of the Penguins" . Maybe it was the fact that I had a turkey sandwich for lunch but a question popped into my head, "What does penguin meat taste like?"

We humans feast on chicken, turkey, grouse, pigeon, hell just about everything with a feather attached to it's ass. When I saw the ad I couldn't help but think how well fed those penguins look. Those chubby little bastards probably make for a good lean meal.

I gotta figure that the early explorers of Antartica fried up a couple of these little swimmers for a meal. Who wouldn't? Look at how plump and tasty they look. I'm going to do some research into it. I know types of the bird is endangered but I bet theres a recipe out there for almond stuffed penguin.

11 comments:

CatSpit said...

OH MY GOD!!! You absolute horror of a human being! You know that's my favourite animal of course..

LSG said...

Keg dear.. you worry me.

And all that 'plump' is likely fat, not lean meat. ;)

Mister Hand said...

It's my favorite animal, too! I'm deeply disturbed by your abhorrent imagination.

They taste like chicken, of course. But then, I've only had penguin sushi, so it might be hard to judge.

Antek said...

Wasn't "march of the penguins" a Nine Inch Nails song?.... or was that march of the pigs.... humm

honkeie said...

I love animals, and i really love the way they taste. I would join u if you ever find some cookin up some. Ibet it taste like frog legs which taste like chicken...hmmmm chicken...
I am all for eating anything that is not human...and even then humans could help with the starving masses out there ;-)

Galen said...

I wouldn't expect a mouth full of nice lean muscle from one of them... I bet it would be blubbery, but oh so delicious.

CatSpit said...

You're all going to hell!

k o w said...

Yes but we're going to hell with our belly's filled with penguin.

Mister Hand said...

ROFL...

Well-played, k o w. Well-played.

Galen said...

I see your penguin smack and raise you a penguin kick

LSG said...

Phyxie!! I was on YOUR side! Why am I goin' to Hell?

LOL