Monday, August 08, 2005

Just Damn Good Gaming



In anticipation of the Advance Wars debut onto the Nintendo DS (go buy one now) I present a quick pic of all the land units available to you in Advance Wars 2 on the GBA.

Seriously folks there is no better war game available today. The Advance Wars series has completely entertained me now for close to 2 years without any signs of stopping. I am to the point that I will make up a custom map with which to practice different tactics on. That's just sick. Between AW 1&2 and Final Fantasy Tactics my GBA became my #1 gaming system over the last 2 years. Yes I play it more than my XBox. that's how good these games are. If you grew up enjoying Chess, Risk, Chinese Checkers, Axis & Allies, hell any war game then you are going to love this game. Even better get 3 friends who love this game and you are easily looking at a game that will take you all days to finish. It truly becomes a war in multiplayer as each person skillfully trys to outmanuever the others for complete supremacy of the map.

Chime in if you've played it. Everyone I've talked to about it has a fondness for Advance Wars like no other game.

3 comments:

Brandon Cackowski-Schnell said...

Greatest. Games. Ever. I may actually buy a DS just for this game, despite the fact that I am so horribly, horribly bad at it.

When you have your air units in the top screen, will you still be able to target ground units with them? We can only hope.

Anonymous said...

I've honestly had 4 player battles, no WAR that has lasted 4 days of real time. We passed around the GBA SP like it was a french whore only stopping to eat food and piss.

Brandon Cackowski-Schnell said...

Dude, you ate food and piss? Dude!