Thursday, August 25, 2005

What I Do

After seeing the recent health craze sweeping Blogville I've decided to give everyone a quick example of what I do to keep myself in the remarkable shape that my skinny ass is in.

I east 2 banana's and Raisin Bran for breakfast then...

I go to the park.

Yes seriously. No need for $1700 rubber band machines or 10lbs of Whey. I ride my Haro
Tr 2.2 about 3.5 miles to a park. I then lock it up and start running making my way to the playground area where you will frequently find my ass working out on the jungle gym. Pull ups, crunches, you name it I'm working my ass off with them. Climbing all over the jungle gym allows a person to workout their entire body at one time aiding in endurance and flexability.

Following that it's another mile down the road on the bike to a local high school stadium where I run it's 200+ steps up and down as many times as I can. After I'm beat it's 4.5 miles back home on the bike. When I get there it's hindu squats (google them, thank me later) before hitting the pool to cool off.

There you have it, simple, and easy. You would be shocked by the amount of people I've convinced to work out on the monkey bars. It's free, exhilarating, and best of all it's keeps the child in us alive. Something I fear many "grown ups" have lost.

6 comments:

Frontallobe said...

I love how there's a workout out there for everyone. You must look like a maniac doing that. I gotta see that!

Brandon Cackowski-Schnell said...

My workout is...nothing! Works great for me. ;)

CatSpit said...

I think I'm going to begin the anti-cut site. I'm going to work out heavy as shit for 3 months and stuff my face with every food imaginable to see how much weight I can put on.

Anonymous said...

Wow.... Crazy!! Where do you find the time???

k o w said...

Mostly weeknights after 9 pm actually. I always safe if you can't find the time make the time.

Chris Bloom said...

I was googling for Hindu Squats and came across a page that mentioned Hindu Pushups as well. They look very much like #5 of the 5 Tibetan Rites (http://tkdtutor.com/11Training/Rites/TibetanRites.htm). We've done these a few times in karate and they give you quite a workout when done correctly. I Imagine the squats work the same way.