Monday, October 03, 2005

Talking Scents

I've been working these wrestling shows for the last 2 1/2 years and something really hit me this weekend after back to back shows, pro wrestling fans look and smell bad. You have these slobs so reeking of B.O. that it literally sickens me. I normally wear gloves when doing the pat downs at the beginning of the night to protect me from the sweat and food droppings that these people wear but I'm not sure if they did any good this weekend. Waking up today I discovered I have a decent little fever running and I'm sure I picked it up from one of the disgusting fans.

The stench is the thing. Each of these fans bring a unique scent with them whether it be dorito's and weed or pickles and orange soda. Gather 1,000 of them into a small space with little ventilation and you have a clusterfuck of odors never before smelled anywhere on this planet. They create their own atmosphere which permeates into your psyche so much that it tortures you all the way from NYC to at least exit 7 on the Jersey Turnpike. I got home and had to do a load of wash immediately just to save my clothes from the stench.

Thank goodness I wash with Old Spice High Endurance body wash. It removed the scent of these disgusting pigs as soon as I began to lather it up in the shower. By the way I can't tell you how many compliments I get on this stuff. People are always telling me how great I smell. In fact I don't even really wear cologne anymore. This stuff does the job admirably.

So in closing wrestling fans stink and I smell great.

26 comments:

finally forgiving said...

They don't look like they shower on TV. I couldn't imagine the stench of actually being there.

NewYorkMoments said...

Oh my God...I just vomited my coffee all over my keyboard.

NewYorkMoments said...

Hey--I'll be that those people have that "skin fold crust" that Nukie was talking about today.

http://nukie310.blogspot.com/2005/10/neurotic-day.html

k o w said...

I never expected to induce vomiting. I take that as a compliment for some odd reason.

Sky said...

NYM....ewww skin fold crust? KOW, you need some help scrubbing? :)

k o w said...

I always need help scrubbing the middle of my back. You volunteering?

Melvin "eM" Arroyo said...

hehe, ewww. body sweat and odor.. yuck!!!

WDKY said...

Firstly, thanks for the heads up on Old Spice High Endurance body wash. That kind of information can be really useful.

Secondly, you've just given me yet another reason why I'm not spending £200 on tickets next time WWE comes to the UK. It's bad enough that my son makes me wear Speedos to watch it on the TV, thanks very much.

k o w said...

Your quite welcome. It was the scummiest crowd I've ever had to deal with bar none.

Blueprincesa said...

Yeah, I've always liked the smell of Old Spice. It's nice and classic. Axe and all those stupid new men's deoderants stink like cat pee.

Networkchic said...

So, you opted for the money and not the sex? So, was it worth it?

Sky said...

Yes, I am volunteering...but only the middle of your back? If, I volunteer I like to do a thorough job, you know.

k o w said...

I got the money and I got laid... 4 times.

And it was worth it.

and sky I wouldn't ask if it wasn't for a thorough job. ;)

Her Daddy's Eyes said...

I can't handle it! HAHAHAHAHAHA!

~Eyes

k o w said...

I just reread this post and I can;t help but think I should receive some money for the Old Spice plug.

... j said...

Dude, just get on the G train on Greenpoint Ave, bklyn, or the 2/3 on Livionia any time in August, and it's a similar occurance. I feel for you man!

Meatbag said...

Seriously? Old Spice? Doesn't it make you smell like an old man? I haven't smelled it in a while. Maybe I should try some Hai Karate and Aqua Velva too.

k o w said...

This stuff doesn't smell like the original Old Spice. Go to the store and smell "Fresh" and "Sport". It's good shit!

Brandon Cackowski-Schnell said...

Sounds like wrestling shows smell like airplane trips to Russia. Pee-yu-ski!

... j said...

I like the original old man old spice, it has that "omg you look smell like my uncles hot freind from when i was 16 and I wanted to bang him but i was too young and he was married" effect on certain women.

Or I could just be full of shit...

k o w said...

I dunno. That's a pretty good approach. I need to do a field test with that one.

WDKY said...

Damn, no email addy. Try this...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00008IHVF/026-6285882-0846048

jamwall said...

they might be training for the possible moment they might have to "rescue" the crusher from being pantomime-pummelled by the ultimate warrior. i'll bet many of those spectators are doning their control-top fatty top wrestling pants!

jamwall said...

these folks could consider drinking a diluted version of aqua velva--at least they would smell better from the inside!

from my grocery store days, i recall homeless people who would purchase the plain listerine with a lemon chaser!

now THAT's livin'!

j said...

ugh! bad BO is nasty!!

all i want to do is run but when i can't i've the dilemma of how to breathe; nose, you get the full effect. mouth, are you sure you aren't just eating it? ick, ick ick!

Shan'Chelle said...

BLECH! I think I am going to have to go home sick. I do, however, LOVE the High Endurance. That stuff can tackle some serious BO. The only thing that is worse than seriously bad BO is bad breath in combination with bad BO.