Wednesday, October 12, 2005

What "k o w" means


Many of you have asked via email, comments, carrier pigeon, and smoke signal the question
"What does k o w stand for?"

Well it stands for Keg O'War. It's a play on Man O' War. Back when I thought I had some artistic talent I used to draw a comic about a robot built out of a keg of beer. Named it the Keg O'War. The comic was circulated mainly at rock shows in the Philly, NYC, and Baltimore areas by people who would request copies of them. I didn't mind it getting around as it was free exposure and back then I was all for sharing my work.

The first version I ever drew was literally on a bar napkin. I was 17 and getting served for the first time in a bar. Drunk off my ass and bored since no one was talking to me in the bar I asked for a pencil and started drawing. This to the left is what I came up with. Pretty shitty huh?Yeah I agree. Anyway the beer bot went on for about 14 issues until I pulled the plug.


In the years since I've had a trademark issued on the character and have used it as a name for anything I do online. XBox Live, Blogger, hell everything.

So there you have it. Big ups to the crew over at the Wicked Truth .
They were able to figure out the convuluted web that was
k o w.
FUGGO is now going on sabbatical.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

so are you getting Socom III today?

Meatbag said...

What do I win? <-- A running joke that amuses only me. I doubt that anyone else has even noticed.

I have discovered your true name, so now you must surrender your power and return my first born to me. Or maybe you could just give me some tips on how not to suck at online FPSes.

WDKY said...

Hang on... what do you mean, a "sabbatical"?

And remind me not to ask you for directions.

k o w said...

anonymous: SOCOM sucks

meatbag: I suck at FPS's as well. If you want to play Links golf I'm in for 18.

wdky: Always make a left when your lost.

Mister Hand said...

Okay, I was going to ask what you meant about "sabbatical," but now I'm going to ask, what do you mean by, "Always make a left when you're lost?"

Mister Bones said...

Any chance you have some of those comics floating around anywhere? Not for me, you know, I have this friend...

k o w said...

Bones, I think I can send some copies off to you.

Christa said...

I think you are infringing on the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle copyright with that there drawing. Interesting blog. And so are your comments. I feel like these comments are in a different language. What the hell???Take a left when you are lost??? Hmm.

serenah said...

i like the drawing...i think you should continue drawing...:) i live really far away...but i would really like to see the comics too...

Katie said...

v. v. funny. Bet that 17 year old didn't think it'd become a blog nom de plume did'ja?

Aaron said...

Damn, and here I've always thought it stood for King of Women!!

Way to go KoW, and here I held you in such high regards of being a ladys man!!