Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Christmas Baking

In the well lit aisle #11 in the local food market a christmas scene is unfolding...
Young man: Excuse me how do you bake cookies?
Old woman: Are you making them with that? (points to sack of flour and 5 bags of chocolate chips in shopping cart)
Yes I am.
Your new at this.
Umm... yup.
Listen sweetie why don't you just buy these ready made cookies.
That looks easy.
And it's cheaper.
Sweet!
Merry Christmas
Merry Christmas to you too and thank you.

So here we are 3 beers into it and I'm prepping to bake cookies for the first time for Christmas.On the left we have Dieu du Ciel Peche Morte, on the right Troeg's Mad Elf Holiday Ale. Together these beers are working very well on my system. Another reason why I went with Ready to Bake cookies. I'm pretty well lubed in the head right now. Perfect for baking!Aren't they cute! I almost don't want to bake them and just eat them raw. But that would just be keeping them from their destiny. Bring on the trays.
All set. The tray on the right I made the cookies into a christmas tree and I wasn't even trying. I'm good at this baking shit. Into the oven at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. That gives me enough time to chug a beer, clean up, and get set for tonights nip/tuck season finale.
10 minutes later and their perfect. Lightly browned on the outside and mushy on the inside. And damn do they smell good. So there you have it. My first christmas cookies. This post is kind of lame yes but I'm drinking and I'm already into the 2nd hour of tonight's nip/tuck. The cookies are nearly gone already and I'm almost out of milk.

11 comments:

Blondie... said...

I have to say I wasn't suprised about who the Carver was...but was suprised by the twist.

Great looking cookies and you know what... You tried!! Thats all that matters.

serenah said...

they look delicious...:)

it seems you have a gift for baking...keep it up dude...:)

Danielle said...

pour the beer into the cookie dough!!!

do it! do it!

k o w said...

That was a good twist wasn't it. Thanks everyone.

ladylongfellow said...

Hey, I'm signing you up to help with my holiday baking next year!

Networkchic said...

Well at least you know how to turn on the oven and clean up afterwards. those are the two most important parts of baking.

kimmyk said...

oh those do look yummy.

PG said...

Nip tuck, chocolate chip cookies, and milk.
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.
Must have been fun!
;)

hey! wait! blondie!! who WAS the carver???? SHIT!!!....

Blueprincesa said...

Better leave some for Santa!

honkeie said...

beer and cookies got to love the holidays

finally forgiving said...

AWw....are you sending me some cookies??!?