Sunday, December 04, 2005

Part Time

Some people have part time jobs at the mall.
Some people go to UPS and move packages after the day job.
Others sell Avon, or Tastefully Simple, or Tupperware.
And then theres me.

I get to drag bloodied referees back to the locker room.
I listen to people tell me how one day their going to be a professional wrestler even though they're 56.
I get to duck flying steel chairs and barb wired bats.
I get listen to fans scream profanities at their idols and try not to laugh or smile as it would show on camera.

Honestly it's the most interesting part time job a person could ask for. Maintaining the peace for an already way to peaceful crowd isn't much work. The occasional run in with celebrity is a perk for sure, almost as much as the free food and drink before, during, and after a show. Getting the best seat in the house is a perk as is the occasional in the ring action. I actually like this job.

So as I'm driving home last night through the Holland Tunnel I honestly had nothing to complain about. It's nice to have those brief moments however fleeting they maybe. Complete bliss and serenity with all in the world. A light snowfall, a good tune on the radio, and 92 miles to enjoy them both.

I get paid for this?

12 comments:

Galen said...

Part time security, eh? It'd be awesome, I can imagine. You get to do something different at each job, and it's as if you're not even working.

landry said...

sorry i missed you last night.
maybe next time.
i think its going on 3 plus years since the first time we tried to get together for a beer.
:)

Sky said...

Learn something new everyday about you :). Happy Monday sweetie.

Danielle said...

hahaah
that does sound fun!

k o w said...

We definitely have to catch that beer someday Landry.

Blondie... said...

WOW! I think I am a bit of a softie for that. Ok, I'm a chicken not a softie. lol

Sounds like you'd have a hell of a lot of stories though.

Happy Monday!!!

k o w said...

Stories like you wouldn't believe.

Blueprincesa said...

I love cruising in cars with good music... too bad I can't drive. I should get on that.

Networkchic said...

How come you can't become a professional wrestler at 56? Is there an age limit to acting like a bafoon?

k o w said...

No age limit at all actually. I just find it amusing that this guy comes up to me at every show I work and gives me the same story time after time.
Not to mention the fact he pulls his oxygen around with him.
Don't smoke kids.

jamwall said...

thanks for your vote KOW!

OMG!!! what am i gonna do if i win???

*my imitation of robert redford in the candidate.

Anonymous said...

Hi k o w,

Why would I want to give 100 people like you, F*ree access to my $97 value life changing product? Because I am launching my new product and need social proof of it's ability to make money, even for newbies to the internet.

Discover how you can make money from internet marketing before this unique time limited promotional offer is withdrawn.

Yours in Success
Buddy