Friday, December 30, 2005

Cycle Home

Ever wanted to do something extraordinary while raising funds for a good cause? I have. In fact I ask myself just about everyday why I'm not doing something like these 2 chaps are.

Andy Clapperton and John Smith are two guys I have never met before in my life but would buy a pint for in an instant. They were both teaching English in Beijing when they decided to not take the easy way home. Instead of catching a flight or hopping on a boat they decided to let their sense of adventure lead them to make the journey home to the UK on bikes. As an avid lover of all things with pedals I can only wish I had the gumption to suck it up and take off like these two. I'm jealous frankly and when you visit the site put together for their journey you'll see why. I would probably do just about anything to have the opportunity to do something like this and I find these 2 people some of the most inspiring humans I've yet to meet.

They are raising money for Diabetes UK. We all know someone who is diabetic so we can all relate in some way to this cause. I urge you all to donate whatever you can. The lads goal is to raise 10,000 pounds (sorry don't have anything other than $$$ on this keyboard) and I'm sure they can make it happen so long as we get the word out. So send this message around to your friends and family and share with them this wonderful journey.

I have to thank Jon's brother for turning me onto this. You've been able to reach him and his blog since FUGGO started as he was a prime inspiration for me to start this monster. We may not agree on the way penguin is prepared but I like him anyway.

This will probably be the last post of 2005 here. Let's go out with a bang together and raise some money for a fine cause. Here's wishing you all the safest and happiest New Year.

9 comments:

Danielle said...

Diabetes runs in my family too!! Happy New Year to you!

k o w said...

You did indeed send me a photo didn't you. Must be my birthday soon. Looking forward to the weekend.

;)

ladylongfellow said...

You have been tagged! Visit my blog to find out for what!

Networkchic said...

k o w...have a wonderful New Year. I'd like you to know that the pic of your arse is the last image that's going to stick in my mind this year. Thanks for that.

Caterpillar said...

Happy New Year, KOW!!!

PG said...

Great post, great cause...
I totally agree. Diabetes runs in my family too.

Happiest of New Years, Dear Fuggo.
I am glad I have a new friend.
:)

- em

j said...

yup, happy new year!

Blondie... said...

My mother has diabetes so I am a staunch supporter helping raise money & educating others. I never thought of mentioning it on my blog! Thanks for sharing this KOW.

I do hope you celebrate a happy & safe new years.

Cheers!
~R

Shan'Chelle said...

Any cause that's close to your heart is a great one to support. Being lazy, I usually stick with the old habit of throwing money at the problem to make it go away not actually anything that requires work ;-) j/k. Happy New Year