Tuesday, December 06, 2005

I'm starting a furniture company

I was inspired by Landry.

I'm going to design and build furniture that can be easily moved and setup in apartments. We all know what a hassle it is moving a couch into a space it doesn't fit. Why not design a couch that splits in the middle for ease of transport and set up. It would only be a matter of 4 bolts to fasten it to the other piece to make it whole again. Put a single cushion on top and voila! Make available to the public different pieces which can all be fitted together like Lego pieces to create exactly what their apartment needs are.

And this furniture will be strong. It's gotta be able to handle the rigors being fucked upon alot. It also has to be able to survive nieces and nephews using it as a trampoline when your sibling drops them off for 3 hours. How do we accomplish this and not wake the neighbors with the sound of a sofa being used as a love pad? Rubber Washers. Rubber washers will be used on all spots where bolts will be used for assembly.

It could work. Steal my idea and I will sue. Preliminary design starts this week, with no classes until mid January I can have a prototype together in 4 weeks.

There we go, a winter project. I'm building a sofa. This all poured out of my head in a matter of 4 minutes.

14 comments:

landry said...

i would be your first customer.
these are the times that i realize why people have 'personal shoppers'
couch shopping has been more difficult than finding a gf who puts out for more than 2 weeks.

Sky said...

Well, I would like to be an official tester to see if it can withstand a good loving making session. Of course, I am sure these tests will have to occur over and over again to ensure its safety.

k o w said...

I can totally see this thing coming together. If anything it'll be a fun little project.

I've already doodled up some sketches of pieces. It's all very square.

finally forgiving said...

I want to be a tester too!!!

k o w said...

How's "FUGGO" sound for the name of the 1st piece?

Danielle said...

I wanna seee pictures of the end result!!!!

k o w said...

Ladies,

What do you want to see on a couch?, besides me of course.

Do you want to climb up onto the sofa or just fall down onto it?

Space for lots of pillows or heavy cushioning pad built onto the frame?

If your going to ride your partner how deep do you want the couch, deep as in wide enough to keep both your knees on the couch as your on top.

kimmyk said...

"If your going to ride your partner how deep do you want the couch, deep as in wide enough to keep both your knees on the couch as your on top."

Just let it hold my ass and we're good to go. If my knee goes through the bottom...that's gonna ruin my swurve.
i dont know how many times i scratched my knee on some raggedy ass couch cushions. make 'em fluffy.

Blondie... said...

Nice cushions are a must!! Same as Kimmy, funky ass ones make for rug burn or worse.

Make it to where maybe even accomodate a gal when her feet are on his shoulders and her neck isn't like all bent making her nose hit her cleavage... or well, I guess she could just turn the other way. Maybe big enough for spooning. You know how some like to cuddle to lead up or for after the big show. lol.

K.O.W, you're going to definitely test out all the positions.

PS, can cover up the useless space with useless pillows.

WDKY said...

Sounds good, but you forgot a couple of small loudspeakers on each side and a drinks cabinet (chilled, naturally) underneath.

Otherwise, I think it's a goer.

Danielle said...

morning!

k o w said...

A drinks cabinet was one of the first things I thought of.

Networkchic said...

Jack of all trades...aren't you?

landry said...

http://www.comfy1.com/secnls.htm

hmmmm. you move FAST!