Sunday, January 01, 2006

Hail to the Redskins!

For SuburbanJoe to whom I lost a wager this weekend. With the Philadelphia Eagles losing to the Washington Redskins I have to not only take my picture holding a sign that says the Eagles suck but I have to craft a poem praising the Redskins. So without further ado...

Hail to the Redskins
Brunell, Arrington and Portis
For they came to Philadelphia today
and made the Eagles seem like a tortoise.
With their 6 takeaways
and fine defensive play
they won today's game
and made the Eagles look lame.
Now they are bound for the playoffs next week.
And if I were the Bucs I wouldn't consider them meek.
For you see thay have Gibbs roaming the line
and if we've learned anything he'll keep them just fine.
So hail to the Redskins
for they won this day.
Because the Eagles suck
that's what my sign will say.

5 comments:

PG said...

lol... what I wouldn't give for that sign to be lifted, just once.
Or to have been there in person to hear the recital.

oh... and btw... no worries about the Redskins anyhow.
The Pats are going to take it all from you yet again.... =)

WDKY said...

Okay, you may not be a future Poet Laureate, but you really are very funny.

Not sure if you'll have noticed from that far away, but Spuirs are having a tremendous season, and are presently sitting 5 points above Arsenal in the table :-)

Antek said...

Hail to my J-E-T-S

Shan'Chelle said...

Take heart, at least they aren't the 49ers who in their infinite wisdom decided to lose themselves the first round draft pick by showing that they are just that stupid :-)

Brandon Cackowski-Schnell said...

Lots of credit to Keg who came through on his end of the bet quickly, and with good spirits. Truly a man of his word!

Hail to the Redskins!