Monday, February 06, 2006

Asylum

I'll never figure out the vampire culture and such. Growing up here in Philly there was a club I'd go to called "Asylum". It was a goth/ fetish hang out and while I wasn't one to partake in any of the activities or dress of the place I couldn't help but go to observe. Me and my buddys stood out in our hockey jerseys and jeans and no one ever approached us. Which we didn't mind as we were getting served at 18 years of age. Then one night we happened upon our high school Bio teacher licking the feet of some young woman in a black leather boustier back by the pool tables. She had him on a leash and he had these fake vamp teeth in his mouth. Quite the surreal experience really. "Hey Mr. D" we all said to him but he wasn't allowed to talk back as the maybe 16 year old mistress had not given him permission.

Any goths read this who can explain the culture to me?

7 comments:

Blueprincesa said...

Wow. No, I can't explain it. We've got a club like that here though; it's called "Lotus"

Silver said...

There are many clubs around the Boston area, some where people don't wear much to cover their "loins".

I could try and guess. I think it's a control thing, some people like submitting themselves completely to another individual, that they enjoy the experience, whether it being told simple things to do, or sexual.

The New Years party I went to was fetish themed. Lots of skin, leather, bondage stuff, and one girl wore a mini-skirt with thigh-highs, laid down with her crotch facing the door so any lucky lad to see what she was packing in her panties.

Sureal? Yes. Fun? Very!

finally forgiving said...

well um, nope can't explain. Can't even try to explain....

but we used to have a club here called the Asylum as well where all the goth/industrial crowd hung out.

I just went there cuz the dancing was fun...

ladylongfellow said...

It's a sub/dom culture that some dabble with and some take very seriously. Some like to play with submission and domination in regards to sex and other things...some live it. It's about learning uninhibited trust. It's about the inner you...are you submissive at the core, the pleaser who likes praise and to be rewarded or are you dominant and enjoy control and giving reward.

I can understand it for role playing and sex games but I think anyone who lives it has something really awry in them of a clinincal nature.

Brian said...

I've had some teachers that I'd lie to tie up and beat the hell out of...but that's in a different context I'm sure

... j said...

hahahaha.... haha hahaha aaaah hahahaha.... so funny. I dont get the vamipre thing either man, I've always been into them lore wise, and even wanted to be a vampire, but a real one, not all get into it to role play some wierd shit, you know a Lestat type Vamp, with charisma and what not.

Anywho, one time in band camp... well actually New Orleans, I went out on Halloween as a modern age Vamp, this consitituted my freind who's a make up artist making me paler then usual, giving me veigns, filed down lee press ons and a set of teeth that simply did not come out. Oh boy gee wiz were the little goth lids enamored with me, some were a bit scares, the other intrigued, none approached me... tough I did hook up with a devil in a blue dress that night and dated her for a while... good times good times.

Sky said...

Can't explain it...but anytime you want me to handcuff you to the bed, let me know :)