Monday, February 20, 2006

Bars

Inspired by Gary Numan's "Cars".

Here in the bar
I drink beer all the time
I can win at quizzo
and leave the others behind
In bars

Here in the bar
I eat pizza for free
I can listen to U2
In the bathrooms I go pee
In bars

Here in the bar
Where the smoke still flies free*
It kill me someday
If I continue to breathe
In bars

Here in the bar
I know I've started to think
About screwing this eve
because I'm really horny
In bars



* authors note: In the city of Philadelphia a measure has been brought up that would eliminate smoking in public spaces. I am and always will be against smoking but I find myself in a conundrum. I can't sit in a bar without there being smoke in the air. It just doesn't seem right to me. Thoughts?

6 comments:

finally forgiving said...

I understand what you mean, it just doesn't seem right to have a bar without smoke. I don't even smoke, but maybe I'd get used to a smoke-free bar.

Networkchic said...

Well...it might not seem the same to have a bar with no smoke, but I think I could get used to being able to breathe more easily...oh and not smelling so bad when I come home.

kimmyk said...

you're not allowed to smoke in bars here-i dont smoke so its ok with me.

Mister Hand said...

On the one hand, I hate going to bars and having the stink of cigarette smoke all over me. On the other hand, that is one of the reasons I don't often go to bars. I don't like the idea of telling people they can't smoke somewhere, based on supposed "evidence" that second hand smoke causes cancer (especially when that evidence may not actually exist).

ram2600 said...

everyone said the same things, when the law was passed in NYC... and you know what, people liked it better..

I like the fact now that a smoke non-filled room gives you the ability to get a better look at the lady across the room, saves alot of running... lol ;-)

Sky said...

One bright side of that for smokers is it would make it easier to quit. I did smoke at one time and the hardest place to be was the bar.