Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Snow Piles

The great thing about really big snowfalls to me are the giant piles of snow now piled up in parking lots across the northeastern part of the country. In one lot I pulled into last night there was a pile measuring close to 20 feet in height. It had to be the work of a bulldozer as there was noway a plow could pile the white stuff that high. So I'm sitting there looking at the pile and I just couldn't help but think how much fun it would be to climb it. I walked over to it and started to climb the thing. It's pretty daunting to be about 10 feet up off the ground on a pile of snow with another 10 feet to go. After about 3 minutes I made it to the top much to the delight of a young family who had stopped to watch me reach the top. What started as a trip to the store for a dozen roses ended up being a mini adventure of a sort. I love these kind of diversions.

Now as I drove by the pile this morning on my way in all I could think was how great a snow fort that pile could be if I had my shovel handy. I hate to drive in the snow but I love to play in it.

Author's note: That pic is not one of the actual pile. The actual pile I wrote about is actually bigger than that one. I'll take pics later.

8 comments:

WDKY said...

But... you didn't plant a flag on the top. Get back up there...

... j said...

omg so much fun, I want to play

Blueprincesa said...

Aaaaaaaw! You bought her flowers! I love flowers!

kimmyk said...

You're still such a boy at heart.....good for you KOW.

Shoulda dared that young family to play king of the mtn with ya though.

Danielle said...

haaaa lets play king of the mountain!!!

Sky said...

I remember my father plowing the snow when I was a kid and we used to have piles stacked higher than the roof on our house. I use to be king of the mountain, then my brother would push me down the mountain!!!

Networkchic said...

When I was a kid I used to love playing king of the mountain on top of the huge snow piles at the end of our culdesac. I was always faster than my brother...so I was always king and he was always peasant. Ah....life was good back then.

Red Sox Fanatic said...

I have seen plenty of piles like that around here being a New Englander.
Course as of tonight, most of that is pretty much gone with the unseasonable warm temps we have been experiencing these past 4 days. I love it though, 55 degrees in February for the Northeast. Yea baby!!!