Tuesday, February 28, 2006

The desktop

Someone asked me about what image I have as my background on my desktop and why I chose that specific picture. He's a black rhino living at the Philadelphia Zoo by himself about 5,700 miles from what he would call home. His enclosure is nothing more than a yard with dirt and some rocks for flooring. He looks depressed doesn't he? Lying around all day with your belly full receiving the best care you could possibly ever need doesn't mean a whole hell of alot if you don't have the freedom to do as you please. He does look comfy. The sand at this end of the enclosure probably feels great on his stomach. I honestly don't know why I keep this photo on my desktop. I like the zoo alot and I'm there usually twice a month maybe more sitting around to read, think, or just lay on my stomach in the sand because it's comfy.

What's your desktop look like?

5 comments:

Networkchic said...

I have pics of my daughter...to remind me why I get up every day and go to work.

j said...

Leaves flowing down a river bed in Cornwall, UK. as it is peaceful.

finally forgiving said...

I have a picture of the most adorable baby in the world...:-)

landry said...

its a graphic tha tLiz did of our dogs and it rocks. we had to make tee shirts for some of our friends because they LOVE the dogs.
I'll put it up.

kimmyk said...

I love going to the Zoo, but when I get there I'm saddened as to what I see at times. I just think they belong outside where they belong..but somtimes freedom means danger sooo...it's a catch 22.

My desktop is a picture of an old barn my daughter took with the digital camera. She's really getting into photography right now.