Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Childhood Favorites Dead

Growing up I read a comic book about a bunch of Canadian superheroes who I adored as a kid. Their name was Alpha Flight and I loved reading their adventures in comics. Never a very popular super team they ended up basically being secondary characters over time. Now today, Valentine's Day of all days, I found out the team was annihilated in a comic book do out tommorow on store shelves. I don't read comics anymore but this still hurts for some weird reason. This team of wacky heroes with names like "Puck" and "Sasquatch" is now dead. Boy this day just sucks doesn't it.

5 comments:

... j said...

That's fucked up man, the new Valentine's day massacre :(

k o w said...

It is fucked up, I loved this comic.
The first time I ever walked into a comic book sotre at age 5 Alpha Flight was the first book I picked up. I'm actually a little down because of this and I have no idea why.

Mister Bones said...

You already know how I feel about Bendis/Joe Q. More and more people are joining the "Say No to Joe" campaign. Still, I hope they're just fucked up and not dead. There are rumors that some members of AF are going to be in the Civil War thing that's coming.

Brandon Cackowski-Schnell said...

Why would they do that? I loved Shaman and Dawnstar and Puck and Captain Maple Leaf or whatever the hell his name was. Alpha Flight ruled! Stupid Marvel. I hope they choke on their dead teams and their newly suited Spider-Man.

Danielle said...

OMG I love WONDER WOMAN comic books! lmao!