Thursday, March 16, 2006

The Quote From The Bottom Of The Page.

Not sure how many of you ever make it that far down this page so I'm bumping the quote I have there. My father hung this very quote above my bedroom doorway and it hung there until I took it down the day before we sold the old house. It's in a box somewhere in the garage and will be going up over my childs bedroom doorway when I get the chance to do it.

I read it everyday still, and kick myself afterwards for not listening to it.


"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."- Mark Twain

8 comments:

Networkchic said...

Are you sure you didn't listen...

k o w said...

Positive, if I had I wouldn't be here typing this.

Blueprincesa said...

good advice.

kimmyk said...

So then where would you be KOW?

You're right I haven't ever seen that at the bottom of the page. Have you ever seen the movie Message in a Bottle? Sounds like something that was said in that movie, but I'm not sure.

Either way-I'm with Sirreene. Hang that sign!

Caterpillar said...

I love this quote. It's in one of my quote frames in my bathroom.

It pisses me off that I don't follow it every day, too.

Booster MPS said...

Great quote. I am thinking about that more and more these days. I was a Texas Childrens Hospital today over lunch where I volunteer and I could not help but think that I missed my calling as a physician. I love helping others. I love kids.

Tevin said...

It doesn't say which twenty years... start now.

WDKY said...

Fantastic. Something we should all think about, and more than just occasionally.

Right... time for my nap.