Saturday, March 25, 2006

"So is there a secret?"

Older Gentlemen: Not really, if I had one piece of advice to pass along it would be to not take shit seriously.
Me: Interesting.
See that's exactly what I'm talking about right there.
What's that?
Your thinking about it right now, rolling it over in your head looking for something more from it.
Well maybe.
Don't.
Why not?
Because then your taking my advice way to seriously.
I raise.
I call.

The old bastard taught me a lesson at that poker table last night. I'll never understand why here in the western world we don't covet our senior citizens. Many look upon them with pity and indifference. Their our greatest natural resource and their being wasted.

4 comments:

WDKY said...

kow, I SO agree with what you said then? I have no idea either, but aside from the disrespecty, it's just madness... all that experience about... life.

kimmyk said...

AMEN Kow!

I love seniors...I can sit and listen to them ramble on about days gone by for hours. They've experienced so much in their lives....more than we'll ever understand growing up in the 20's and 30's and the later.

So how much of your money did he get?

Blueprincesa said...

I concur. It's kind of screwed up.

Sky said...

I agree with ya. People used to look up to senior citizens years ago and listen to the wisdom but now we seem to shun them. It's a shame.