Thursday, January 26, 2006

Adventure Breakfast

I just got off the plane from the Amazon so forgive me if I keep this posting short. Around 8pm last night I decided I wanted to eat my breakfast this morning with a piece of ancient treasure, the spoon of Mollowoctoc. Now I'm sure you've all heard of the spoon. In case you haven't legend has it that he who eats oatmeal from the spoon will find himself forever healthy. So I commandered a plane to Brazil and took off last night for the rainforest.

When I got to Brazil I stole a helicopter and flew it to the ruins where the spoon was supposed to be. As I hovered overhead the turbulence kicked up by the chopper revealed the spoon's chamber. It was completely dark out with nothing but the moonlight shining down so I found a place to land and proceeded towards the spoon chamber. When I reached it I climbed up it's incredibly steep steps and walked inside only to be greeted by 3 native women with spears and angry looks on their faces. They started towards me with the pointy ends directed at my heart so I only had one option, I knocked over an ancient stone statue and ran outside of the chamber. As I exited I made a left and hid. When the women came out they looked both ways and went right. As soon as they were out of sight I creeped into the chamber and grabbed the spoon. All of a sudden I heard a large boom. As I swung around the doorway to the chamber was now closed and the stone statue I had knocked over was now animated and walking towards me. Luckily it was slow so I lit my last piece of dynamite and threw it against the entrance. BLAM! The doorway is now open so I run past the statue and out, down the really steep steps and all the way to my chopper. I started it up and flew back to where my plane was waiting for me. The pilot took off and I leaned back in my chair to enjoy a piping hot bowl of oatmeal and fresh banana slices with my new spoon.

Totally true story.

11 comments:

PG said...

Were the native women pretty?
Why didn't you grab one and take one with you??
And worse yet, I don't remember getting an invite. Hnnffph.

k o w said...

It was aspare of the moment adventure. If I had flown to Boston I wouldn't have been able to steal the chopper.

Sky said...

I was waiting outside the ruins for you. The native women were bringing you to me but you ran!

Silver said...

If you fly to Boston, not only are there choppers available for thefting, but you remember that you have a friend who lives there as well.......cough....me....cough.

Come to our house when you're done fighting the natives.

kimmyk said...

Way to go Indiana Jones!

Did ya hi-yaaah the stone statue before you left? Kick to the adams apple? I'm sure he was afraid for his animated life. Good thing you had one stick of dynamite left....coulda been scarey.

PG said...

Hey! Now if you come to Boston then you can kill two birds w/ one stone (in a matter of speaking... don't shoot me... I know you must be pretty good w/ a paintball gun...).
Mr Silverblood and I both live in the Boston area! (Checked out your site, Mr. S.... I want a Roomba now!)
:-)

k o w said...

Did I mention what I had to offer the pilot of the plane?

Networkchic said...

Your life is so interesting, I'm jealous.

Galen said...

Man I'm so jealous.

Danielle said...

more details! lol

ladylongfellow said...

Put down the crack pipe....lol...

You ain't right...lol...