Wednesday, January 18, 2006

I Want One


This is Leonardo. Created in collaboration by MIT and Stan Winston Studios it is an attempt at creating a fully sociable robot. While not designed for movement the robot can track objects with it's eyes and can feel when someone touches it and respond. I find the thing fascinating and sure a little cute. View the movies on the site if you can, their amazing to watch. American Scientific Frontiers has done a piece on the robot if your into the PBS thing and it's a real good watch. You can view that on their site for free. Prepare to be amazed. And maybe a little scared.

10 comments:

Networkchic said...

Cute but sort of scary. It almost looks as if it would bite you if you came to close.

k o w said...

It is a little scary isn't it. I keep thinking that all they need to do is change the skin on the thing to make it look like something viscious.

landry said...

im thinking that it would feel a bit like having a pet christopher reeves.

... j said...

OMG ... Mogwai!!! dude, if you get it wet, theres gonna be like abagillion of them, adn you cant charge it after midnight :O

finally forgiving said...

It looks like an overgrown furby...and those things were annoying as hell.

Aaron said...

LMAO el, I said the same thing!!

That's so close to a gremlin that its' scary!

kimmyk said...

Have you ever seen the monkey at Discovery store? That thing freaked me out. I think my dog would eat this.

Blondie... said...

Cute and truly creepy... And El is right...hahaha It does look like a gremlin!! hahaha

Sky said...

oh I want one....reminds me of Gizmo :)

ladylongfellow said...

I named my gay llama Leonardo...lol. This robot looks like one of the nice gremlins before they get wet...or eat...or..I forget what else