Friday, September 16, 2005

One more to #150

It's hard for me to realize this but since it's inception in June of 04' I've posted 149 posts including this one here on this little site. That amazes me.

I've always enjoyed writing. In grade school I couldn't do math for shit but I loved English class. The written word has always carried a romance with me and with this blog I've been able to find an outlet for it not previously available.

You gotta love the intergeek. 10 years ago if you wanted to share your thoughts you wrote a letter and mailed it into a newspaper's editorial section hoping you would get printed. I once wrote into Playboy's advisor asking about the harmful effects, if any, about a girl going down on you while she had vodka and a breath mint in her mouth. I never got a response, but of course that was 1995.

Nowadays we can post whatever pops in our skull here and have people we have never met nor probably ever will comment on it. Ain't that great? I think so. It sure makes that purchase of my laptop all the more justified.

So onto post #150. If this were a comic book I'd probably kill a character. If it were a daytime soap I'd have Tad lose his head in a freak perfume experiment while Martina looked on in a near orgasmic shock. See her and Bethany were long at odds over Tad and his affections. Seeing how she walked in on the two of them making out during last Tuesday's episode she went nuts and now laced the perfume with an explosive. Don't worry though, Bethany's baby isn't Tad's, it's Antonio's. But he's away right now (real life hernia surgery, out 2-3 weeks) so she'll have to make due without him.

Post # 150 is coming. I should invite the Pope to dinner and write about that. Wonder if he'll meet me in the French Quarter for a beer once it reopens?

13 comments:

Her Daddy's Eyes said...

Great Friday post! Got me smiling!

Cheers!

~Eyes

finally forgiving said...

Great post....you mentioned all the reasons why I love blogging.

NewYorkMoments said...

The pope will meet you in the French Quarter as long as there are only white christians in the vacinity.

Networkchic said...

On the Internet everyone can be a writer...sometimes just not a very good one. But...you are a great writer and I enjoy reading this stuff every day. If the Pope does meet you for dinner, can I come? I've always wanted to see the French Quarter.

jamwall said...

i usually check my women for breath mints and vodka and make sure to confiscate it at the door.

my brain is my 2nd favorite organ.....

Brandon Cackowski-Schnell said...

If you're following the comic book model, you'll kill someone off in post 150 and bring them back in post 155. Either that or write post 150 as if you were Wolverine. He's in every comic imagineable anyways.

aughra said...

One fiddy, huh? Iwonder how many I have posted....

scurries off to check own blog.

WDKY said...

Got to tell you, this is a great blog. You're a very good writer, keep it up...

Mister Hand said...

The one thing you didn't comment about in your post is how good her daddy's eyes cans look in that T-shirt.

Humma-humma!

Yeah, I'm just waiting for HDE to give me a slap.

But that's teh stuff that keeps me bloggin'!

Mister Bones said...

Ooh! Ooh! Can I be the character you kill off?

You have fine blog here sir, always good for a laugh here at Lanier Memorial Hospital.

Blueprincesa said...

Yeah I love being able to look inside random people's heads. Yours is especially interesting.

landry said...

and the beauty of asking for advice on your blog is that, because they dont have to have work with, or have coctails and dinner with you, they will tell you the truth.
not what you want to hear.

http://archives.gophercentral.com/index.php!op!news!id!11934

"I thought I would let your readers know that using
Altoids or anything with sweetners in them for oral sex can
cause infections in women...take it from someone who found
out rather painfully. --shelley"

threels said...

or to follow the soap opera theme..

in a few weeks, chad, tad's identical twin no one ever knew about, will show up and assume tad's identity...